Types of Posts
When adding a new Post, you may notice the right-hand menu that says “Format,” and gives different options. According to WordPress, here are what all the Format options mean:
- Aside - Typically styled without a title. Similar to a Facebook note update.
- Gallery - A gallery of images. Post will likely contain a gallery shortcode and will have image attachments.
- Link - A link to another site.
- Image - A single image.
- Quote - A quotation. Probably will contain a blockquote holding the quote content. Alternatively, the quote may be just the content, with the source/author being the title.
- Video - A single video or video playlist. The first <video /> tag or object/embed in the post content could be considered the video. Alternatively, if the post consists only of a URL, that will be the video URL. May also contain the video as an attachment to the post, if video support is enabled on the blog (like via a plugin).
- Audio - An audio file or playlist. Could be used for Podcasting.
Have more questions? Submit a request